Tuesday, January 15, 2013
SUMMARY: The new edition of this popular field guide has been fully revised and updated, making it one of the most comprehensive guides to the land mammals of the subregion. This edition includes:
* An easy-to-use system to identify the mammals in the book
* Detailed species descriptions, including information on the conservation status, size, food, life expectancy, enemies, habits, voice and breeding of more than 120 of the most common land mammals of southern Africa
* More than 200 excellent color photographs of the male and female animals
* Photographs and illustrations of field signs, such as droppings and spoor, as well as distribution maps
* A table illustrating the tracks (spoor) of all the animals featured
* Illustrations showing the difference in size between each animal and a human
* A brand-new section which includes examples from all the families of smaller mammals, such as shrews, elephant shrews, moles, mole rats, bats, rats and mice.
The Mammal Guide of Southern Africa is a must for game watchers, hikers and anyone with a love for nature.
RECOMMENDATION: A useful guide to the common mammals of the region.