Wednesday, January 30, 2013
SUMMARY: The culmination of many years of research, observation, and study, the The New Stokes Field Guide To Birds: Eastern and Western Regions are factually, visually, and organizationally superior to any other photographic field guide available.
These easy-to-use guides feature 545 (Eastern) and 636 (Western) North American bird species and more than 2,000 stunning color photographs. And yet it's portable enough to fit in your pocket! The photographs cover all significant plumages, including male, female, summer, winter, immature, morphs, important subspecies, and birds in flight. The guides include:
* the newest scientific and common names and phylogenetic order
* special help for identifying birds in flight through important clues of behavior, plumage, and shape
* detailed descriptions of songs and calls
* important behavioral information and key habitat preferences
* the newest range maps, detailing species' winter, summer, year-round ranges, and migration routes
Whether you are a novice or experienced birder, these new Stokes guides will take your birding to the next level.
RECOMMENDATION: If you liked The Stokes Field Guide to the Birds of North America (2010) but thought it was too heavy to carry into the field, you'll like these smaller guides.