1) Grewal, Bikram et al.. A Photographic Field Guide to the Birds of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh. 2017. Princeton University Press. Paperback: 792 pages. Price: $45.00 U.S.
PUBLISHER'S SUMMARY: This is the only comprehensive photographic field guide to the birds of the entire Indian subcontinent. Every distinct species and subspecies--some 1,375 in all--is covered with photographs, text, and maps. The guide features more than 4,000 stunning photographs, many never before published, which have been carefully selected to illustrate key identification features of each species. The up-to-date facing-page text includes concise descriptions of plumage, voice, range, habitat, and recent taxonomic changes. Each species has a detailed map reflecting the latest distribution information and containing notes on status and population density. The guide also features an introduction that provides an overview of birdlife and a brief history of ornithology in India and its neighbors. The result is an encyclopedic photographic guide that is essential for everyone birding anywhere in the subcontinent.
- Covers all 1,375 subcontinental bird species
- Features more than 4,000 stunning photographs to aid quick field identification
- Includes up-to-date facing-page text and range maps
- Contains concise descriptions of plumage, voice, habitat, and much more