1) Foley, Charles et al.. A Field Guide to the Larger Mammals of Tanzania. 2014. Princeton University Press/WILDGuides. Paperback: 320 pages. Price: $29.95 U.S.
PUBLISHER'S SUMMARY: Home to the Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania offers some of the finest big game watching in the world, from elephants and rhinos to chimpanzees and lions. This field guide covers all the larger mammals of Tanzania, including marine mammals and some newly discovered species. Detailed accounts are provided for more than 135 species, along with color photos, color illustrations of marine mammals, and distribution maps. Accounts for land species give information on identification, subspecies, similar species, ecology, behavior, distribution, conservation status, and where best to see each species. The guide also features plates with side-by-side photographic comparisons of species that are easily confused, as well as first-time-ever species checklists for every national park. This book features:
- The definitive, most up-to-date field guide to the larger mammals of Tanzania, including marine mammals
- Features detailed species accounts and numerous color photos throughout
- Provides tips on where to see each species
- Includes species checklists for every national park