1 ) Taylor, Richard Cachor. Birds of Southeastern Arizona. 2010. R.W. Morse Company. Paperback: 430 pages. Price: $19.95 U.S.
SUMMARY: Birds of Southeastern Arizona is an identification guide for the birds that live in, or migrate through, Pima, Santa Cruz, and Cochise Counties, as well as southern Maricopa, Pinal, Graham, and Greenlee Counties, an area of approximately 25,000 square miles.
The Species Account pages provide color photographs of 640 birds and have a companion page with key information about birds..Elevation Charts (exclusive to this new title) show during which season and at what elevation most birds can be found.
A Quick Guide to Local Birds provides an easy color-coded means to find birds in the book.
Common Local Birds shows photographs of the most common birds in southeastern Arizona.
There are a number of sections of the book designed for the beginning and expert birder:
· Identifying Birds (how to tell one bird from another)
· Bird Habitats in Southeastern Arizona (habitat map and text describes ten primary habitats)
· Elevation Charts (show elevation and seasonal occurrence)
· Helpful Resources (where to get more information)
· Index/Checklist (use this checklist to record your bird sightings)
RECOMMENDATION: A good introduction to the birds of the region.